Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The End of Term.

It's been another successful academic year in our School as I maintained my community blog throughout the year and one in which we were fortunate enough to receive a number of awards for our work. After an initial welcome I started with a feature on international topics which was followed by a guest entry from a local voluntary group in the city - Leeds Irish Health & Homes. I shared Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust's Movember Event which raised funds for men's health activities and included a feature on Leeds Access Committee (Disabled-led) and their excellent work with a Leeds University law student on Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs). We shared a report on our year 1 & 2 student Campus to Clinic community visits whilst at Primary Care and then reported on our December year 2/3 Student Selected Project community placements. I was also proud to honour a great community champion, Dr Carl Hylton, (who sadly passed away this year) for his great work with diverse communities in this region. I further shared my progress in working with the Diversity in Medicine and Health (DIMAH) group nationally which has certainly taken me to interesting parts of the country including London and I got to go on my first tram in Sheffield! The latest post was by Ken Hargreaves on behalf of his Practice Patient Group who told us about their Seven Bite Size Tips for Engagement. I hope you may have enjoyed reading this community blog and I will be back in September 2017. SO WHAT'S IN THE BMJ THIS WEEK? . BMA annual meeting: BMA will work to ensure patients have timely access to wheelchairs. . BMA: UK government must act to avert future medical workforce crises. . BMA: GMC must recognise that a lack of resources puts doctors at risk of mistakes. . Questions remain over implementing Scottish scheme to curb harmful drinking. . US medical groups denounce Senate health repeal bill. . Queen's speech promises change on mental health but ignores wider NHS problems. Six members quit presidential AIDS Council as Trump 'simply does not care.' READ ALL ABOUT IT! With best wishes, Barry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home